WP5 has four major objectives related to external communication affairs and networking of ERASysAPP with other selected institutions and companies and their representatives.
1. Establishment of a network of research centers (research, infrastructure, data management and more) from the ERA and as far as possible from non-European countries.
2. Establishment of a network of EU initiatives in System Biology and where possible interaction with non-European SB initiatives.
3. Establishment links between academia and industry and launch of a technology market platform.
4. Dissemination of System Biology.
According to these objectives, WP 5 has set itself the following tasks:
T5.1: Networking of research centres with respect to research, infrastructure, Data Management and more, which includes:
a) Mapping of existing R&D organisations (including available R&D infrastructure acting in ERASysAPP fields (molecular biology, molecular biotechnology, general life sciences, service providers etc.) in countries participating in EraSysApp.
b) Mapping of existing R&D organisations acting in ERASysAPP fields (molecular biology, molecular biotechnology, general life sciences, service providers etc.) in EU member States countries outside of this consortium, members of FP 6 and FP 7 R&D projects.
c) Two networking workshops with participation of some representatives from identified organisations.
T5.2: Networking of EU initiatives in System Biology
T5.3: Assessment of needs and gaps in System Biology across Europe
T5.4: Networking academia – industry
T5.5. Technology market platform
Hence, the major deliverables will be:
1. An inventory of R&D organizations acting in SB.
2. An inventory of EU and national initiatives related to SB fields.
3. A report on needs and gaps in European SB initiatives.
4. The establishment of technology platform including preliminary testing
5 Specific overall PR, press releases, videos, awards.